Saturday, December 16, 2006

Lending a Hand..

On Tuesday night I watched Lage Raho Munnabhai (Carry on Munnabhai) with Raj and Sunanda from 'Lend-A-Hand-India'. Lots of laughs, as Munna and his bro Circuit race round Mumbai on their scooter. (I don't remember Bombay having that juicy fruity techno glow to it, must have happened when it changed it's name!) After Munna becomes best pals with Bapu (Gandhi) he starts dispensing 'Gandhigiri' over the radio talk show... people learn the power of giving flowers, being truthful, and of peaceful resistance. Is it all hype? or could it be that this light hearted comedy really is influencing people?
I am so grateful that Lend-a-Hand-India have agreed to collaborate with me on this project.Please take the time to check their website (top left corner) They are doing some great work educating rural children with work and life skills, and are based right here in New York.
Towards the end of my trip I will be spending a week in the Mumbai area to visit one of thier projects and make a report for them and at the same time interview some of the different groups of young people they work with about 'Gandhigiri'

No comments: